Trademark registration classification:
- Name and address of the Applicant
- Wording and/or representation of the filed mark
- The list of concrete goods or services filed for protection including the indication of classes
- Power of Attorney, if the applicant is represented by an attorney. Please note that a person/entity with no address in the Czech Republic must be represented by a Czech attorney.
- Priority date, country and number and the original Priority document which can be submitted subsequently.
- The application for trademark registration can be filed with the Industrial Property Office by a legal entity.
- The application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior trademarks.
- The Application is examined with the Patent and Trademark Office (Office) and if the requirement are met then the trademark application is published in the Official Journal of the Czech Industrial Property Office for 3 months.
- At the end of the opposition period, if no opposition has been filed the certificate of registration is issued.
- The processing time from first filing to registration is approx. 6 to 10 months.
Duration and Renewal: Protection begins with the date of application. A trademark registration is valid for 10 years from date of application. The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years.